Jyrki Katainen is the chair of the National Coalition Party and the Prime Minister of Finland. He was born in Siilinjärvi in Pohjois-Savo, and has been a Member of Parliament since 1999. He was elected chair of the National Coalition Party in 2004, and as Vice President of the European People’s Party (EPP) in 2006. Jyrki Katainen was Minister of Finance 2007–2011.
- Born: 1971 in Siilinjärvi
- Place of residence: Espoo
- Education: Master of Social Sciences, University of Tampere
- Military rank: First Lieutenant
- Personal details on the Finnish government website